We are launching a storytelling travel + photos series for Hike365.org and our social media platforms | newsletter this fall + are looking for contributors!
We are looking for girls who have an interest in photography + creative writing to guest post on our social media daily during an outdoors centered trip anywhere from a weekend getaway to a month long journey that you are taking either solo or with a group of females over the next 6 months! If that’s you, keep reading and get in touch with us before you head on your trip!
We are not necessarily looking for a mountain based trip, so if you are headed somewhere other than the mountains don’t be shy!
Criteria: for consideration please send us the following to email@example.com
EMAIL SUBJECT: Hike365, Welcome to: “insert your destination here”
-Your name, location, social media handles <IG, TW, FB, WEB, G+>, email address + a photo of you!
—Where you are going, duration of trip, what inspired your adventure!
-Why you believe sharing your outdoor story + travel experience through creative writing + photographs is a good fit for the Hike365 community!
-6 low res sample photos
-Your upcoming trip details ( basic itinerary )
your itinerary must include, with names and basic details:
- 1 hike l snowshoe or ski
- 1 overnight stay at a campground | shelter or backcountry style cabin | hut | yurt
- 1 local outdoor shop visit <you can contact the shop prior to arrange an inside look!>
- 1 visit to a local food truck, restaurant, or cafe
- at least 1 other activity (i.e.: museum, canoe/boat ride, mtn biking, climbing, surfing, drive up photo opportunity, brewery etc)
-Send 6 low res samples of the types of photos you would like to share while on your trip <please have a look at the style of the Hike365 feed for additional inspiration>
- trip planning <writing, looking at maps, books used, etc>
- on the road <this can include motion filming, go pros, your vehicle parked at a cool spot, your pack set up on the trail>
- sunset + sunrise images
- lifestyle images <reading, cooking, watching the landscape etc>
- location images <hiking trail, vistas, restaurants, cafes, outdoor shops, campsite, etc>
- what’s in your pack, cooking + food images, trail snacks
- group shots of your crew at sunset or sunrise
- accomodation images <campers, car camping, camping, tents, cabins, huts etc>
- astral photography
- activity photos <hiking, biking, climbing, canoeing, skiing, etc>
-You must have access to Internet / wifi once a day to send your daily photo + caption to us!
-A blog post written by you, summarizing your trip with photos to be published on hike365.org will be required after your trip in a timely manner and will be promoted on our Instagram, Facebook + Twitter channels.
- Your blog post must include:
- a report on your hike <stats, 4-6 photos, description, location, gear used, snacks, comments>
- overnight stay at a campground or backcountry review <gear used, 4-6 photos, description, location, comments>
- local outdoor shop visit <4-6 photos, location, history/story from owner if possible>
- visit to a local food truck, restaurant, or cafe<4-6 photos, review on your order, location, story/history>
- other activity (i.e.: museum, canoe/boat ride, mtn biking,skiing, snowboarding, climbing, surfing, drive up photo opportunity, brewery etc